POR15 under Rhino?

I am getting ready to have the tub sprayed (quoted $450.00 by Rhino shop) and I am curious if I should put anything under it between the liner and the metal? The only place where the paint is partially gone is on the driver's side where it has been worn away.

Also- I am sure the liner wouldn't be very friendly on the arms of the people in the backseat (mainly my kids), so I should not have the top of the wheel wells sprayed?

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

twaldron

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I didn't think I needed to put anything down, just thought I would ask before I had it done instead of after. Seems to be easier to fix that way ;)

Just curious if the liner would rub the skin off my 3 year old's arms when he was back there.

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

Yes, that'd be the time to do it! :) I just don't think it would help and would probably hinder. You might ask your installer.

I didn't find the Line-X particularly abrasive. I wouldn't make bedsheets out of it, but I think you'd be fine. I was obviously kidding about the throw pillow, but I think someone makes a wheel well cushion.

Reply to
twaldron

I have the tub of my YJ done. The installer will strip the tub to bare metal before he sprays. If you are worried about the abrasiveness, have him spay the fender well without the "texture". The guy that installed mine did that to the tranny cover to give it a different look. It's smooth as a babies bottom.

Daren

Reply to
Daren McMorris

Reply to
twaldron

I'll try to take some tomorrow evening. Not sure how well they will turn out. Black Jeep and Black Rino. But I'll give it a shot.

Daren

Reply to
Daren McMorris