Re: ack! broken control arm mount (right front axle mount)

That's not that uncommon Bob. It's fairly rare but it happens. It should be a very inexpensive repair to make, any small welding shop should be able to take care of it in short order. You might consider paying them extra to reinforce (gusset) the one that broke plus the other lower control arms as well.

Jerry

My lower control arm axle-location mount (passenger side, front axle) > broke off the axle today on the trail! What do y'all suggest to get it > fixed? I don't have a welder or welding skills, so I can't fix this > myself. I live in the Denver area; anyone out there have a suggestion > where to go to get it fixed (money is an issue, here!)? This is my > daily driver, too, so it being out of commission really sucks for me > :(. Also, what do you suggest for getting the replaced mounts beefed > up? > > I never thought these things would break this easily. The TJ is a 97, > but I don't hit those mounts too often. They aren't even that > scratched or bent (not like my friends rubicon mounts are!). Of > course, I have been wheeling pretty much every weekend this summer, > and I like to do some pretty tough trails... How often does this > happen with others on this forum? > > Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
Reply to
Jerry Bransford

L.W.(ßill)

I saw that one coming. td