Re: Hot Water Shower

Re:

hot water shower kits that >use the small heat exchanger/12V water pump >Do they really work?

Yes.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

You'd be surprised - they do work, but it's a bit like being pissed on. Not that I ever have, but I imagine that's what it's like.

Reply to
Desert YJ

Reply to
Red Racer

I don't have an onboard shower, but have used one. It gets plenty hot, but don't expect huge water volume.

Here's my take on camp showers:

I usually flat tow my jeep with my pickup equipped with camper shell, but sometimes leave the truck home and sometimes camp in areas with no jeeping and leave the jeep home. Rather than have two onboard units, which would be pricey, my needs require a unit that can be carried in either vehicle. My solution was a portable shower from

The unit I bought (Model

3910) is much less expensive than the Decker Hot Shower, gets nearly as hot, flows nearly the same volume, and the entire unit is self-contained and takes up about the same space as the ammo box needed to store the pump and hoses for the Decker unit. Also, what do you do if you can't get the jeep close enough to run a hose to the water source? With the Zodi unit I can carry the shower closer to the water.

None of the camp showers are as good as a home, motel or fullsize RV shower, but they sure beat pouring a bucket of water over your head.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

I don't know about them, but a buddy of mine has a copper coil that he puts in a fire and has all the hot water (and pressure) you could ask for. Of course, it requires a water hookup to a garden hose.

Cheers, - Jeff G

Red Racer wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Gross

You know what works really good, and is very cheap and is also easy to carry, is the black plastic bag that you fill with water and lay out in the sun. This will make the water plenty warm to take a shower under. It is easily enough water to wash your head and under your arms.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

. . .and they are cheap and compact enough to carry two or more! Just hope for sun if you're in need . . .

Reply to
PLB49