Re: How to Change Engine Compartment Light

helpful hint.

> >To make the bulb last longer don't handle it with your fingers. >..this is more important for headlamp bulbs..

And if you hose down the engine regularly (as in removing mud and such) and get water on the underside of the hood, you'll get very adept at replacing that light bulb.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Remember to clean and fill that connector with dilectric grease or the wires will corrode from the heat/moisture.

Reply to
DougW

Yep, I've replaced bulb on my '02 TJ 3 times. I finally learned to tape a plastic baggie around the underhood light, before hosing.

Tom

Reply to
mabar