Re: Seats for my CJ?

My seats are worn, Any sugestions?

Bestop makes good replacement seats. Well made, and a good value for the price.

Mastercraft makes a "Rubicon" model that fits the Jeep seat brackets. Tried one out last weekend, very comfortable and excellent lateral support. However, they are pricey.

Some have had good results with Miata seats from the boneyard.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

If I ever change mine, I am going with Pontiac Fiero seats.

I was told they were a direct bolt in And they have stereo speakers in the headrests....

They also sell after market skins of 'all' materials and designs for them.

Mike

Evan wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I'm about to put some Corbeau Carerra CR1s in mine. I'll let you know how I like them in a couple of weeks. They sure do look sharp, though.

Reply to
sm3gurpal

I put Bestop seats in a couple of years ago. They seem to hold up pretty well and are a heck of alot more comfortable than the stock seats.

There are cheaper alternatives but most require some modification to the brackets and/or mounting.

John

Reply to
John B. Parisi

I put the SteelHorse heated seats in my CJ and I thought they were terrible so I got my money back and bought the BestTop heated seats and I think they are awesome even though they were $100 more.

Reply to
Arvin

I put in BesTop seats front and back in my CJ-7, and I've been a little disppointed in them. The construction didn't look as good as I expected from them. The seams were pulled apart a little in some spots, and the material didn't even cover the foam completely near the bottom. They ride great, though. 100% better than stock. I had a similar experience with a roll bar (sport bar) cover, the material was much thinner than the one I replaced, it ripped easily, and didn't fit well. My guess is that they make the soft tops, but the other products are made somewhere else without the quality their tops have. Just my opinion.

John

Reply to
John

Their seats & other items are made offshore and are of spotty quality. However the seats are generally good values and seem to durable. I put a set in a CJ5 resto project and have been very please with the comfort and wear characteristics.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I used early 90's Acura LX seats in my CJ. 92 I think Recline and very cozy. I did have to do some mow work to the seat brackets but they are quite nice.

Reply to
Richard Harris

Reply to
Richard Harris