Re: What is a TJ?

They first made a civilian Jeep and called it a CJ. They then made one with a soft cushy ride for the yuppies and called it a YJ or Yuppie Jeep, then they came up with a plastic Jeep with all the bells and whistles and called it a TJ or maybe a trendy Jeep?

;-)

Mike

Brian Foster wrote:

> Thanks
Reply to
Mike Romain

twaldron

I thought it stood for "True Jeep" and was a cruel joke by the creators in order to try and cause Bill to explode from agony?

Reply to
griffin

Maybe the next model will be called the "RJ!"

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I didn't know that. I found it interesting that the cross-reference book at the parts store said "Wrangler" and also listed "TJ (Canada)".

They are the first two characters of the body code. You will only see it on paperwork for a new Wrangler or perhaps also on the sticker on the driver's door panel.

Some people like calling it a TJ because it differentiates from the first generation Wrangler, designated "YJ", and probably also because it is shorter than "Wrangler". When I went to the parts department at a local dealer, the counter guy wrote "TJ" in the space for "model" on my order form.

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

Or the BJ ( Bill Jeep ) ?

Dave Milne

What is a TJ?

Well, it is a car, sort of. Not a car so much as a truck. But that is not really telling the whole story. It is perhaps the most capable 4WD vehicle in the history of the universe, or at least since WWII. It is a transportation system. Well, it is a recreational transportation system, to be more accurate. OK, some will use it as a primary means of transportation, some use it strictly in recreation. This group leans towards recreation, but we have our share of daily drivers as well. But, in a TJ, even the commute can become recreation. I once worked only 8 miles from my house, and it often took me well in excess of an hour to get home, only 15 minutes to get there, but an hour to get home. And, there was no traffic on the homeward bound trip. Well, there was traffic where other went, but none where I went.

A TJ is a way of life. Flannel shirts and long underwear, unless it is summer. Then a TJ might be tshirt and shorts. A TJ is almost always boots, no matter what is above the knees.

A TJ is many things my friend. What would you like it to be?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Bullshit

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in news:- snipped-for-privacy@ez2.net:

Flannel shirt and long underwear?....it'll be pushing 90° today. Shorts and t-shirts all year long.

Dave

Reply to
Lost Cause

I had free time to waste.... Choose your...

TJ= TERRIBLE JEEP TJ= TROUBLE JEEP TJ= TOUGH JEEP TJ= TERRIFIC JEEP TJ= THE JEEP TJ= TOTTALY JEEP TJ= TOPLESS JEEP TJ= TROPICAL JEEP TJ= TUNNING JEEP TJ= TUB JEEP TJ= TAXI JEEP TJ= TRANSPORTATION JEEP TJ= TOP JEEP TJ= TRUST JEEP TJ= TRADITIONNAL JEEP TJ= TODAY JEEP TJ= TOMMOROW JEEP TJ= TEDDY JEEP TJ= THUNDER JEEP TJ= TONKA JEEP TJ= TRUE JEEP TJ= TOW JEEP TJ= TANK JEEP TJ= TOY JEEP

When you start thinking about endless abreviation ......

But as they say

JEEP THERE'S ONLY ONE.....

Pat

"Lost Cause" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Patrick

But if there's only one how come I see them all over the place? Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

They're probably referring to Bill's jeep.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No that would be BILL THERE'S ONLY ONE.....

LoL

Pat "Matt Macchiarolo" a écrit dans le message de news: SZadnRUrsfUe8W snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Patrick