Req: Some advice on buying a Jeep

Reply to
TheSnoMan

After the upgrade to an automatic, it's nice to save up and have the local paving company turn the woods into a mall parking lot.

Reply to
yjarray

I don't care one way or the other to be honest - I've had several of both. That said, if auto boxes have less than 200 hp and lb/ft driving them or they irritate me.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

It just makes their job easier and it has nothing to do with capability. It takes more talent to use a standard than an automatic in any situation.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I like this one. Easier for amatuer wannabes.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

Nah. I only have sticks (a TJ and an F-150) and much prefer it.

I can see the auto being better (well, more durable) due to the fluid link that the torque converter provides. You are more likely to wear out the clutch in a manual if you need to partially engage it to not move too fast.

I can't argue with this because I prefer a stick-shift and generally don't like driving automatics. In addition, the automatic cost an extra $500 (2005 model).

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson