Stupid Exhaust

Hey all, Guess what I did yesterday...Oh yes, that's right. For all you young Jeepers, a lesson to you. All you old heads, be impressed. Yet another fine example of the craftsmanship of the OEM exhaust manifold. This is from my '98 TJ with

68000 miles...I hope tat class action against DC for this goes well, since I had to spend $400 on a Banks Torque Tube header, found on

3 pics)

Reply to
Joseph P

Joseph P did pass the time by typing:

wow! Mine was just starting to go around the lower collector. I had some issues fitting the Banks header (motor mount was in the way by about 1/8") But a bit of grinding fixed that. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| Hi Joe, | Congratulations, you've won the height of | procrastination. Before you was Dave Moller with: |

and|
| Unfortunately for you, you couldn't have helped but wrap| numbers four and five exhaust valves, if the pipe fellaway. | Maybe, take a compression test to confirm. | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
| | Joseph P wrote: || || Hey all, || Guess what I did yesterday...Oh yes, that's right. For || all you young Jeepers, a lesson to you. All you old heads, || be impressed. Yet another fine example of the craftsmanship || of the OEM exhaust manifold. This is from my '98 TJ with || 68000 miles...I hope tat class action against DC for this || goes well, since I had to spend $400 on a Banks Torque Tube || header, found on
|| ||
|| (first 3 pics) || || -- || -- || Joe Pribe || NC || || Pull my finger to reply by email. || || jpribe 'at' nc.rr.com || jegp 'at' hotmail.com || || I Love My O|||||||O

By wrapping the vavle you mean...?

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
David C. Moller

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Sun, 09 May 2004 20:50:15 GMT in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, "Joseph P" wrote,

wrap -> warp vavle -> valve

Reply to
David Harmon

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.west.earthlink.net, David Harmon from was injured because:

| On Sun, 09 May 2004 20:50:15 GMT in | rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, "Joseph P" | wrote, || By wrapping the vavle you mean...? | | wrap -> warp | vavle -> valve

LOL...oops..I get it now.

Reply to
Joseph P

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| Thank you. | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | David Harmon wrote: || || wrap -> warp || vavle -> valve

Bill, do you think that situation applies to me here? There was at most about 24 inches of pipe (#1 cylinder) to about 6 inches (#4/5 cylinders.) So, you think I was at risk at those cylinders, the exhaust *valve* *warping* anyway. The pipes were seperated by about 1/8 inch at rest, no telling under load/road conditions.

Reply to
Joseph P