tj Brakes again

OK, i posted about 2 weeks ago looking for info on break pads for my 02 TJ.

At the recommendation of a few people i went looking for Performance frictions. Thier website says i need Model 447 pads. I called up a place and they said Performance friction doesnt make a model for 02 TJ and that the 447 is for older wranglers. He also said that the shape of the pad is the same, but the spring config is different.

I also looked up Bosch pads and few others, they all say 447.

Can anyone shed some light on this. does the spring config make a big difference. Is 447 the correct application?

thanks in advance for all the help.

Reply to
John

John

The correct Bosch front pads for an '02 TJ is #RBC 477 (not 447)

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I used them on my '02 TJ. Work great.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I use raybestos stuff. No problems here. Im not the cross drilled slotted type. At least not in the jeep. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Mine was so awful on brakes ('99 TJ with 31 x 10.50, 8" rims) that I went and got Raybestos at Midas. They replace them for free for life. I had to put 2 sets in in 2 years before that- each time I drove the Outer Banks of NC and camped/fished, the wet sand in 4 low TRASHED my brakes. Definintely worth the money!!!

Matt

Reply to
Matt