TJ soft top part

I need a plastic end cap for my factory TJ soft top. I've tried the local dealer but they only sell it as part as the entire top bow of the frame for $300+ dollars. I also tried ChryslerPartsDirect.com and they twice sent me the plastic pivot that attaches to the end of the side bow. I attached a picture of the end cap I need.

Has anyone ever replaced just this piece??? If so where did you get it???

Thanks, Howie

Reply to
HG97TJ

HG97TJ

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill. I tried them too. They won't sell OEM hardware pieces. Just their aftermarket (Sunrider, Supertop etc) hardware. They suggested I go to a dealer for the part ...

Reply to
HG97TJ

The plastic piece slides into the soft top bow, just make one out of a hardwood and paint it black, or go to a machine shop and have them make one out of aluminum.

Reply to
Coasty

try a junkyard you might be surprised!

IsellJeeps

He can replace the parts from either Sun who makes bow-top tips that make the top a bit more taut, or there's one more company that also makes tips I can't think of but like Sun, can be found in either Quadratec's or 4Wheel Drive's catalogs.

Jerry

IsellJeeps wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I dunno... I tried to go the junkyard route when I needed a minor part. After calling every wrecking yard in my phone book (greater Seattle area) I couldn't find one with a single TJ on their lot. :( This was a couple years ago though, may have changed.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

These guys are good.