Uh oh, Here We Go Again!

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Bill,

I can see the WSJ article:

"Despite objections and tremendous pressures from its officers, investors and its board of directors, IBM has decided to retire to Key West.

'IBM is not being reasonable' said CEO Joe Blow, we've all worked so hard to make IBM a success and now IBM takes its money abandons us all'

IBM was unavailable for comment"

Corporations are legal fictions, just like a contract. And just as with a contract, a corporation can't pay taxes. Only people can.

Corporate taxes are the governments way of silently, and judging from your response, successfully taxing people.

I've been self-employed for past thirteen years. My business is organized as a C corporation and has been my sole source of income. As the sole shareholder and employee of the corporation, I know exactly where the money comes from and where it goes. It is I that pays the taxes, not the corporation.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

To whom would that money go if not submitted to the government? Are trying to tell me that it wouldn't be available to increase your salary?

Form 8109 is the form I use to submit payments, including 940, 941 and

1042. I'm small potatoes, Matt, I only make monthly payments.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Then I pay more with my 1040....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

And of course your SALES tax and floor tax!

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

How about if we all just follow the Demoncrat plan where all went on welfare and import everything from Red China...

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I'm waiting for both of them to figure out that unemployed folks who have been "offshored" don't buy expensive gewgaws.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

And the offshoring frequently leaves the reset of us open to fraud it would seem.

Dave Milne

Never mind the little stuff like that, we have to vote on a flag burning amendment so in 2008 we know who's patriotic and who's not...that's the real pressing issue, not little stuff like jobs. As long as the 527's are bringing in the cash and the lobbyists are making sure the right politicians are getting paid off, who inside the Beltway really gives a damn?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Dave Milne proclaimed:

Here in the USofA the latest trend in data security appears to be putting important financial information about your clients on a laptop and then taking it to a motel room where it inevitably gets stolen.

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

They can't.

They are relying on system file dates that get updated every time someone logs onto the machine. Problem is if you have a Knoppix disc (bootable linux) you can simply boot from that, copy what ever you want, and there are no tracks left behind.

Reply to
DougW

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

I think what they are relying on is the laptop was turned in by a thief who realized he had a hot potato and wanted to get clear. The limits of this guys tech savy was knowing he could sell a hot laptop for a couple of hundred bucks. He probably couldn't spell knoppix much less have a CD laying around. Besides I take great offense at the suggestion that Linux users would behave in such a manner :-)

Using MEPIS 6.0 rc2 Linux OS and yes I have a Knoppix 5.0.1 CD and no it wasn't me! :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Frank_v7.0 did pass the time by typing:

Linux users acting badly? Never happens. :P

Currently running SELiunx on my "learning box". Interesting package if you trust the NSA. :)

You should have seen the jaws drop at $dayjob when I first explained to them that simply having a password and restricting the windoze luser accounts would not keep a computer safe. Oh no.. "it's hacker proof" they said.

Then I whipped out my little ol knoppix disc and proceeded to boot up the computer, pull out the password from all the local accounts and save a few files to a USB thumb drive.

Of course I didn't tell them what was on the disc and broke it in two immediately afterwards. ;)

Now they disable boot from cd/usb and protect the bios. Still, as long as I can get access, Lin4Win will run. That or just take the freeping HD out and put it in an external drive case.

No laptop will ever be truly secure till the encryption is hardware based and on the harddrive.

Reply to
DougW