Uh oh, Here We Go Again!

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Face Cord? Thats just a fancy term we use to take advantage of flatlanders. $50 a cord, log load, $90 a cord green, cut split delivered, $110 dry in the summer, $125-150 in winter.

Sitting in front of the Defiant woodstove in the middle of a noreaster with a good book: priceless.

Reply to
jeff

Ayup. Takes 21/2 to 3 face cords to make a real or full cord. I liked my "All-Nighter" air tight. Kept a cast iron pot on the top full of water to help rehumidify the place. And a couple of small circulation fans to get the heat to the furthest rooms. I miss everything, but the work. :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

So you don't count corporate welfare as subsidies. Riiiiiight.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

The problem is, and always has been, that corporations _never_ pay taxes. Their customers, employees and shareholders pay taxes, but the corporations do not.

When a government _says_ that it wants to tax corporati>So you don't count corporate welfare as subsidies. Riiiiiight.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Really? Geez, I wonder what that $150,000 I sent to the IRS was all about then.

Reply to
Tom Greening

No, I meant the far more economical Doble:

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Hootowl proclaimed:

Part of the cost of getting coal out of the ground can be attributed to the whims of folks who have obviously never been west of the Hudson River. Seems that after you strip mine coal in the western states you must restore the ground to a more natural appearing contour. This requirement was a bit baffling to engineers who would look at a played out strip mine and the nearby landscape--totally unable to see any difference between the two.

Reply to
Lon

Only non-profit corporations. The rest tend to have investors and bankers that insist that any penny the corporation pays out be balanced by a penny plus a bit of profit that the corporation charges for its goods or services. Only in the movies do they "make it up in volume" by charging less than their costs--taxes, salaries, whatever.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Old strip mines would make good landfills...... a 2 birds with 1 stone deal...

Reply to
billy ray

I am incorporated, I pay both halves of FICA. The 'half' that the corporation pays comes right out of my paycheck. Once again, the corporation does not pay taxes.

Think about it, does a corporation retire in Costa Rica to live off its profits? Only people do that; the corporation is only a shell, providing legal shelter to its incorporators and business for tax accountants.

The money a corporation holds isn't useful unless spent on salaries, raw materials or production facilities. It isn't like you or I who would save it for retirement, go on vacation or some such.

Whenever the corporation spends money it becomes a tax event; such as business for a supplier, payroll for employees or income for investors; all of which are taxable events.

When a corporation is taxed, one of two things has to happen. Either the corporation raises its prices or it reduces its expenses. Corporate expenses are payroll, supplies and investor income. Neither of the two options affects the corporation. The former will affect the customer and the latter affects the suppliers, employees and the investors.

In other words, there is no way for a corporation to actually pay taxes. A corporation is a way of doing business, not a thing or a person. Even though it is for legal reasons, recognized as an entity, it is not an actual entity.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Can you imagine if the government were to tax contracts between individuals? Would the contract pay taxes? Of course not, the individual pays taxes.

To answer your question, you sent $150,000 of what could have been lower prices on your product, payroll (probably yours), supplies, facilities or dividends (probably yours) to the IRS. You are free to decide where it came from, but I'll guarantee that the corporation isn't going to feel the pain nearly as much as you did.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Would you like to contribute to my corporation's Federal tax payment this year? Form 8108 I believe, estimated quarterly payments.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Tom Greening wrote in news:Rdkog.6614$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

If you work for a business or own a business the $150,000 you sent the IRS was money you collected from your customers for the IRS.

A business has no way to get money except to take it from their customers by selling goods or services so you're collecting taxes for employees, customers, etc. as Matt pointed out.

Reply to
XS11E