What's Up with Bullet Proof Mfg?

I have been trying to order a rear tire carrier for a week. I have sent two email, left voice mail. The phone number on their website seems to be out of service? Do they still exist?

I really want to order a tire rack....

Willie

Reply to
Willie Peloquin

......from a company that wont even return your call?

that in itself should send up red flags.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Quite a few of the manufacturers are hard to locate this time of year....Easter jeep safari etc....they are on the road. This may or may not be the case here...but I would give them a little bit of time. They are not exactly a huge manufacturing company with thousands of employees.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Prinz

i understand where youre coming from but my payment is not conditional on anything else going on, so i expect the same service in return. if a company cannot return a phone call in a timely manner because theyre off doing other things, what would make you think they can ship the product in a timely manner? im not suggesting theyre a bad company or anything as ive never dealt with them. i just know that if the first number i call doesnt answer i move on to the next one. sooner or later ill find someone what wants my money more than the product they have on hand and theyll treat me with professional service to get it.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I heard they went out of business. Check out the following thread on rockcrawler.com

John

Reply to
John Carrillo

I hate to think they went out of business. They make the best bumper and tire rack system, Hands down. I have the front and rear bumper. I want to buy the rest of the system now.

Reply to
Willie Peloquin

It does send red flags, that is why I am posting to the group. They make the absolute best bumper and tire rack system, IMHO. I already own a front and rear bumper. I want to complete the system. No one that owns a bproof system is going to sell it used. Anyone want to sell their tire rack?

Willie

Reply to
Willie Peloquin

Hate to enlighten you but they CANT ship in a timely fashion. At least not when I purchased mine.

BTW, I think they went under...rumor off of another list.

Reply to
jbjeep

I'm saddened to think they have gone under. The aggravation of broken promises on delivery dates was quickly overshadowed by joy once they came in the mail. The bumpers and rack are truly top shelf quality and very heavy duty. Perhaps someone will buy out the company and take their CAD designs to the next level.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer