Ya ready for diesel yet?

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill O|||||||O>> "Geez, I could tell you that! What I'm after is a company willing to sell you the valves. Naturally the carburetor is going to be bigger than your barbecue diaphragm."

If you mean the fuelock those are available from Impco. The tank valves come with the tank, from Manchester or whoever. There are plenty of vendors especially in California, litigation or no litigation.

If you look around the parts are there.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Yeah Bill, the lawyers have sure put the kibosh on Propane. No one sells propane stuff.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Look under Impco, Nolff's/Woodward or Garretson. Or get someone in Europe to send you a Vialle.

If you are a good scrounger there's also the propane Holleys. No longer made, but the parts are all either the same as gas Holleys or Impco.

There are also LPG fuel injection systems.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

By The Way you

This is just something that does not happen. No one in the propane industry has ever heard of it. Ask Dave, has it happened in the humid always raining UK yet even once? The Queen of England rides in a propane burning Rolls Royce all the time. You think it would be allowed if it was too dangerous?

If the vaporizer freezes up on the fuel side, due to a slug of water, what happens is-the engine quits.

If you use 50/50 antifreeze like everyone does since WWII the propane cannot freeze the coolant. The boiling point of propane is never below the freeze point of 50/50 glycol water.

There are safety issues with propane. This is not one.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

If it was going to happen anywhere it would be in rainy England. it doesn't and hasn't. And if it did, the engine would _just quit_.

In a car (usually) no life threatening deal. In an airplane that's why you have CARB HEAT.

Carburetor icing occurs because of the temperature and pressure drop across the venturi. No venturi no carb ice. Carb ice is rare on street driven cars because the underhood area gets hot and the carb is not on the bottom of the engine like a piece of shit Lycoming. It happens on road-race cars because they use ducted air inlets, and remove the underhood insulation and put holes in the hood, and use sidedraft SU and Weber carbs on homemade tube intake manifolds. It happens on airplanes because, the carb is on the bottom of the oil pan (Lyc) or on a tube manifold hanging by the 'udder' (oil tank) (C*ntinental.)

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

That's easy here.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Brett has it spot on, Bill. If the vapourizer freezes, the engine stops dead. However, this doesn't happen because you always start on petrol and switch over once the radiator valve has opened.

That said, I did once start it on propane when it was below freezing outside and it did freeze even with a 50/50 mix ( in a new radiator filled by my good self only a week before).

I don't quite understand the fears over propane, given that we have got used to carrying around 20 gallons of far more volatile petrol, which can ignite from vapour a good 20' away from the source and explodes rather than burns.

Dave Milne, Scotland '91 Grand Wag By The Way you

[...]

Bill O|||||||O >" Find a link, then. I want to see what it costs to kill someone."

(A retarded statement from a Retarded-American...)

He already has his propane setup. If you are too lazy to use Google which will easily yield a hundred "Autogas" sites in any English speaking country but the US there isn't much hope for you.

Propane has been used safely in vehicles for 60+ years. If you say otherwise you are a bald faced idiot or liar. Propane race cars have won Pikes' Peak hillclimb and off-road racing trucks on propane have won a lot of races.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Whose lies killed your brain? Something, very surely, did. You are insane. Mentally ill.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III