Ya ready for diesel yet?

How many miles do they get per tankful?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Hey, Earle, any snow in the high country yet?

What we really need around here, is a vehicle that runs on hot air.

Earle

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
SoK66

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Propane bobtails usually do _not_ run on their big tank directly. One, under most state laws, they would have to pay motor fuel tax on all of it if the engine were hooked to it, and two, propane bobtails are also used for other condensible gases, most commonly anhydrous ammonia. Three, I believe it's against NFPA regulations. Strict obedience to the published standards is the norm in the propane motor fuel industry, and it's why disasters are rare. Propane has a superb safety record in vehicles. =DFill knows his jackleg methods wouldn't be tolerated around propane, which is why he's against it. Plus, the part of the brain that admits and processes new information died in his sometime around 1960.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Even less in San Diego, eh, Bill?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No, I always had instructors that made us wear safety shields when handling condensible gas liquids.

What's your point anyway? You want to ban propane and freon? We all know the basics of handling these fluids. Propane and flurocarbon refrigerants are safe to handle when proper equipment and procedures are used.

You are a babbling freak of nature at this point. Go offline until you are tested and found Alzheimer's free.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Air is not a condensible liquid at the temperatures and pressures LPG and common refrigerants are. While deflating a tire will produce a tempaerature drop, there is no phase change, where you get the substantial change of heat energy.

Most of us here have graduated high school and have high school physics down.

Large volume LPG accidents have caused freezing injuries and deaths. Also explosions. Large volume gasoline accidents avoid that danger, replacing it with truly horrific fires. LPG is on the whole safer, when people avoid stupid actions.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

He might as well move. Some pretty big guns are trained on the bullseye he sits on about now.

I still th> Hi Will,

Reply to
Will Honea

No, air is not a condensible liquid, but I always wear goggles or glasses anytime I pull the valve core for a more practical reason: that damned airflow always seems to find dirt or other particles to blown in my eyes when I do it. Even condensation hurts like hell when propelled at any significant velocity.

Sometimes there are problems that have noth> Air is not a condensible liquid at the temperatures and pressures LPG

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

He was back in Baton Rouge last night and I would be surprised if he isn't at Bush's address in NO tonight.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No, but I know him. He finally came to the conclusion you were a MIT Lisp Machine project designed to emulate a retarded redneck and decided his best bet was to find the programmer and hire him.

I guess I'm not as smart as Ted :-)

Reply to
Bret Ludwig