YJ Jeep with TJ Hard top and Upper Doors

I have a 95 Jeep. I just purchased a used hard top that was suposed to be for yj. As it turns out I think it is for a TJ. I have the soft top off and the hard top placed on the jeep. I think that it fits but me doors don't.

If I purchase tj doors and modify the posts to fit the bottom half doors for the yj will that work?

Is the angle on the windshield off?

Reply to
mike

Companies that make tops and doors make them for 'their' setups.

Very few soft doors will fit the hard tops, you need a different set of doors. YJ ones too. Or if you get half doors, you can get half uppers to fit both.

Mike

mike wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Actually maybe I have this wrong. Maybe this is a YJ top. but it is after market? I was just told that the aftermarket top and doors are rounded (for yj and tj) So is it that I can't use me factory softtop doors with a hardtop? I have to purchase after market doors?

Reply to
mike

Basically yup.

I have two set of doors for my two factory tops. Hard for hardtop and soft for softtop.

Mike

mike wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If it's aftermarket, you'll need matching doors. I bought a top that was apparently from the same year CJ7 ('85) but it didn't fit my Jeep. After a lot of modification, I got it on and when I went to sell it, it was tried on both older and newer YJ's and didn't fit either. Not to mention, not one set of doors (CJ soft stock, CJ soft Tiger Top, YJ soft stock, YJ half steel with half removable uppers) fit completely. The half steel fit "ok" but not great. Never did try with full steel.

Good luck!!! Test first, then buy.

Reply to
griffin