Can't find code for 95 Sportage stereo!!!!

I bought my Kia from a used car dealer and it didn't have the code for the stereo. Is there any other way to get the code for it besides pulling out the stereo and getting the serial number off the back of it. I already called the kia dealer and they told me that that was the only way. It can't be, grrrr.....it's really a pain.

Reply to
seraphim_diablo