Price of 2004 Sorento EX (New)

Hi all and thanks for taking the time to read my note. My wife and I have been searching for her a new vehicle. This past weekend we looked at several left over 2004 Sorento EX models that appear to be loaded. The sticker price was $29,145 and I emailed the dealership and they told me their invoice was $27,522. They did not include (but did mention) the current $2,000 rebate for the '04 models.

I was wondering if this is even close to where the pricing should be. It seems to me that I could get a '05 for that price.

Also, I have been quoted under $25,000 for a Chev. Equinox. My wife like the Kia's and I like the warranty.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Michael

Reply to
Michael Elliott

You will find a lot of Info. about the Sorento at

snipped-for-privacy@194.PN snipped-for-privacy@.efc!make=Kia&model=Sorento

Reply to
View from Space

I just got a fully-loaded 2004 Sorento EX 3 or so weeks ago and love it. I traded in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic so it was quite a change for me.

The sticker price of the Sorento was $29K; I got $4200 for my Jeep plus the various Kia incentives, etc., etc. I added the extended warranty (10/10K) package and LoJack and ended up paying approximately $22,9. This vehicle has it all....leather interior, sun roof, tow package, Michelin tires, etc.

According to the sticker, mpg is 15 City, 20 Highway. I have a 47-mile commute each way to work (5 days a week), most of it highway. I'm keeping track of my gas usage/mileage on

and so far have averaged 17 mpg.

Hope this info helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Reply to
Ann Marie

Reply to
View from Space

the extended warranty covers much more than just the basic items

Reply to
Ann Marie

Well if you take a look at the Edmunds Kia Sorento forum

snipped-for-privacy@194.PN snipped-for-privacy@.efc!make=Kia&model=Sorento You will notice that everything that has needed repair was done with the Std.warranty. It's just been my own findings that the cost of Ex. warrantys are not really worth the cash outlay. And the dealer is really going to take you for a real costly ride. Many Ex.warrantys can be found online at better prices. Anyway good luck with your new Sorento.

Reply to
View from Space

thanks for the info