109 SIIa Ambulance

Can you tow a caravan behind a SIIa 109 Ambulance?

This is not a question of power (that may be a problem and I'll take advice on that as well) but more one of interference between the front corner of the caravan and the back corner of the ambulance?

Looking at some pictures I just wondered if the overhang of the back area may foul the caravan when maneuvering?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

On or around Tue, 16 May 2006 15:50:08 GMT, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

depends on a) how long the caravan drawbar is and b) how careful you are.

a 109" LR is about the worst thing for manoeuvering a trailer on the planet, though.

Making a longer towbar mount on the vehicle so that the body doesn't overhang the ball hitch would help.

as to clearance: measure width of the vehicle body, divide by 2. take a string that legnth and, holding one end on the middle of the ball socket, see if the other end touches the caravan body. This will tell you if it can collide on the flat.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Also if you do have an overhang then check your caravan hasn't got one of the stabalisers which would be unable to fasten it on such as the alco (sp?) ones like on ours. I know they are a PITA on many cars with rear wheels fitted.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D