2.5 n/a timing belt

I'm going to change the timing belt cambelt wossit on my 2.5 n/a 110 (1984 csw) as I have no idea when it was last done and the MOT is on the horizon.

Question being, it this something I can do myself at the roadside? or should I take it elsewhere. I've been quoted £90 +vat for the job.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Its theoretcally not too bad a job, providing you dont have any problems! On mine i couldnt get the bottom pulley off, so i ended up sticking the whole engine block in the back of my mates landy and getting him to do it at work with an air ratchet! 6ft scaffolding poles on powerbars would not shift it! - So before you attempt to start doing yours make sure the bolt will shift! (I was rebuilding mine at the time too, so i didnt take it all apart needlessly)

Also, when you do it, make sure that you double check everything that you have done just before you cover it up again!. Gives you some peace of mind and will stop you thinking as you tighten the last bolt back up 'did i tighten that tensioner up?'.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Twas Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:24:47 +0100 when Tom Woods put finger to keyboard producing:

Thanks Tom ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.