£2 for UJ's

Read a while back that 2 x £1 coin are just the job for pressing in UJ cups in the vice.

Given the recent number of UJ threads I thought it only fair to share.

Euros should work just the same but cheaper.... bloody typical!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In my young day, we used to use a halfpenny!

(But in those days you could have a good night out, AND a tram ride, for a farthing!)

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit

a halfpenny? we had a crayon drawing of a halfpenny and one of a penny for sunday best you were lucky ( sorry couldn't resist ) a G cramp is very handy for squeezing out the uj caps but why does one roller always drop out when you put the new ones in?

Derek Knowledge is power - I know I need a V8

Reply to
Derek

Load of bollocks, I used to get 3d a week pocket money and you couldn't have a night out for less than 2/- (two shillings) and that makes you a lot older than me so you should be brown bread by now. :-)

I can't think for the life of me how you would remove the cups with a 'G' cramp ( and I've fitted hundreds of 'em over the years), but make sure there's grease in there to hold the rollers when you refit the new cups, and ascertain you keep it lined up. Ideally when you fit the last clip on each axis, you need a small socket to fit inside the clip, and not bearing on it, held under pressure in the vice, so you can just push the clip in with a small screwdriver or suchlike, to make sure it's seated properly. I think a coin such as a £1 would foul and distort the clip, especially an old halfpenny which is bigger still. Modern halfpenny, maybe, if you could still find any.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Ah! But in them days yer cood catch boos t' town, buy 't veg an' a Sunday roast, 'ave a few pint in't pub and still have change out 'a er a tanner for 10 Woodbine. Mind, there was 42 'o us linin' 't 'ole in middle 't road,'n wi 'ad 't pay mill owner fur privillage 'o workin'...........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd