Again? Surely not....

Place : Legoland

Incident : Attempted break in to Piglet.

Damage : Nothing stolen. Lost rear passenger window (solid part)

I AM BLOODY ANNOYED!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

You need a dog.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

But he already drives a Land Rover

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Or a snake that usually works.

Reply to
Simon Mills

Your snakes have intermittant failures?

How..... Land Rover of them!

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Simon Mills posted ...

Only usually .. jeez can't you suggest something more reliable ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

What baffles me most is that Piglet is kinda distinctive. Why go for something that stands out in a car park?! Maybe I'll have to start taking the camo net with me :(

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Neil Brownlee posted ...

Heheheh, stoopidity ... or more often I guess just plain old malice or jealousy.

The only vehicle break-in we had was an S3. The only one in the car park, amongst loads of 'normal' cars. All panels bent (farm vehicle for a few years), absolutely filthy with slurry from the farm where we'd got stuck while taking some feed out to some horses and needed the Manitou (Big off-road fork-lift) to pull us out again .. and there was _absolutely_ nothing in the front or back to steal, maybe a biro we couldn't remember ..

They broke the front passenger window, why they didn't slide it as it was unlocked, or merely open the door which was also unlocked, defeats me. In fact all the doors, bonnet, petrol cap etc were unlocked .. in fact IIRC the drivers window was also open anyway ...

We replaced the window glass with some we 'found' on the farm, so it didn't cost us anything anyway, but it's the principle .. ;)

Personally if I ever caught anyone doing it I'd lynch the bastards .. after removing their fingernails with Stillsons ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx