Are Disco IIIs as unreliable as they seem?

My 3.9 V8 Range Rovers is coming to the end of it's life and I have a budget of =A320K for a replacement. Originally I was considering a Disco II but, considering the age of the youngest ones am wondering if I should venture into the Disco III market. I no longer have the sense of humour that made Range Rover ownership viable and the replacement will be my only vehicle (SWMBO is unlikely to let me drive the Volvo when the RR replacement breaks down) so a great deal of persuading will be needed if I am to buy something as temperamental as the RRs have been.

Having found:

it looks tome as though Disco IIIs are as unreliable as Range Rovers. Is thatthe case or, as is the situation with forums, you only hear fromowners with problem vehicles.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

How absolutely, pointlessly, bloody stupid. They are going to be worthless in a few years - like many new cars I guess.

So, do I buy the youngest D2 I can find - which will be pretty old by now or go Japanese?

Currently loving the speed and acceleration of a SAAB 95 2.3t ;-)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

is the rr sport an option for you mrx7

Reply to
mrx7™

I've never considered one. Why do you suggest it?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage