attaching sand-tracks to a series III

I have just bought a set of sand-tracks to use with a series III. (army surplass for 30quid) Does anyone have any bright ideas about how to attach them to the vehicle.

Reply to
Neil Crofts

Hilti nailgun?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

No-nails !!!!!! works for me

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I'm not sure what the correct term for them is, but I'm planning on using the drop bolt type things that hold the S3 tailgate up. (the thing you lift to straighten). I've then got a couple of round steel plates to locate in the holes in the sand ladders. The benefit (for me) of using this option is that I can put a padlock in the drop bolt thing, when in the 'down' position to stop the sand ladders getting nicked. Mine are going on the side of a 101, though.

Doubt this'll make any sense... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:58:39 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

anti-luce fastenings.

and they ain't, the buggers shake undone. But if yer stick a padlock through the bottom, they don't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles