Bosal vs. Dixon-Bates towing ?

Hi, i am looking for a towing bracket for my Disco II and found two brands, Dixon Bates and Bosal. Since Dixon Bates makes differences for Coil Spring / Air Spring Models and Bosal don't, so i am unsure which one will be the right ?

My Disco II is build 2000,a Type LT/*M9/024, TD5 XS AT, with air suspension.

Thank you in advance for any info and hints.

Kind regards from Austria

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Swietli

Dixon-Bate make three towbars for the Disco II.

  1. Multiheight - only sold through Land Rover as STC 50319 (D-B 202057)
  2. Adjustable (sliding) - coil spring - D-B 202039 (LR STC 50287)
  3. Adjustable (sliding) - air spring - D-B 202049 (LR STC 50289)

Of the adjustable ones, the air spring one reaches 50mm further down from the chassis than the coil spring one, and has 50mm between pin positions cf 34mm for the coil spring one.

I've got D-B drawings showing the positions of the holes etc. if you would like to make your own choice. Give me an e-mail address (mail me direct off-group if you prefer) and I'll send them.

I'm using an air spring one on a vehicle with coil springs as I need to lower the ball as far as possible and the adjustable bracket is not certificated for use with a drop plate (damned EU nonsense!).

Reply to
Dougal