Brake Drum Sizes LR 90

Guys,

Vehicle is a 1986 LR 90 (Ex military) 2.5NA engine.

I'm having a go at sorting out the braking system. Drums, discs, hoses etc.

In the Haynes manual it says my drums are 280mm or 11inches.

When searching on-line sites they are showing part numbers that indicate 10inches.

Are they 10 or 11 inch diameter please?

Also what size brake spanner will I need for the replacement hoses?

I'm hoping that if I do all the mechanical fixes required the rust in the bulkhead corners will go away......

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard

AFAIK, all LR drums after 1981 were 11". Only SWB before this date had

10" drums. If in doubt, measure em.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Thanks Alex,

Plan to have a measure - but it's dark and hissing down outside!

Reply to
Richard

90's always have 10" drums - unless of course someone has modified them.

Access isn't too bad - normal combination spanners will do the job.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work - I even tried washing mine - no reaction :-(

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Richard,

Thanks for the information. Glad I queried the content of the Haynes manual!

As far as I know it's all standard stuff as I bought it on release from the MOD.

Regards,

Richard

Reply to
Richard