Cost of Genuine parts!!

Blimey, called into the Land Rover agent on Gibraltar and asked for the price of a new 300Tdi Standard piston and they quoted =A3250! and a set of piston rings (for the other pistons) was =A370 for one piston! It would be cheaper to buy a new engine at these prices.

Are these really the going prices? I am sure I can get hem cheaper from somewhere else, will pop over to Spain later to another Land Rover agent and see how much they quote.

Griff.

Reply to
Griff

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, Griff wibbled :

Doubtful, probably as or more extortionate.

Reply to
GbH

Genooine Pistons are just a bit pricy check with Richard at Beamends if he can send you out some britpart ones not half so painfull

Derek