Deadlocks for 90?

Thieving locals have been into my 90 and have removed a load of very expensive kit. Police who turned up said that you can break in through the door locks on these using a tea-spoon!

Is any-one selling a more secure solution / after-market lock? I'd like to by-pass the crumby cylinder lock in the push-button and replace it with something which will hold them up for more than 0.1 seconds.

Any other ideas.

Cheers,

M.

Reply to
McBad

Use coach bolts to bolt a hasp to the outside of the door and stick a decent padlock on it. Or a deadbolt.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

In news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.com, McBad blithered:

Smith and Wesson, I'm told is very effective.

Reply to
GbH

I thought about this fleetingly but it's still too nice a looking vehicle (I think, wife disagrees) to take this approach with. I'm also not keen to have to use two hands on the new lock, or to have to look after a potentially looseable padlock floating around when the door isn't locked. I think what I'm after is some sort of deadlock which mounts to steel plates inside the door and just has a small key-hole appearing on the outside of the door. Sort of like a Yale lock but for a car...

Thanks,

McBad

Once you make a vehicle secure the bastards just start breaking windows to gain entry. I've given up locking my Series and have built in a couple of secure (and obscure) storage areas for the valuables (like a thousand quids worth of tools). So far no major damage and nothing other than small change and mints missing.

Reply to
EMB

I don't think theres much point trying to keep people out. I reckon it's better to secure your stuff inside. I've a lockable cubby box for small stuff and a big steel box bolted to the tub in the back. Easier too, than trying to upgrade the locks etc. Means there's nothing visible when your local **** peers in, and it should take them more than a few seconds to get into either box.

If someone is *determined* to get in, you're never going to stop them. What you want is to hide your gear and slow down the opportunistic thief. Then add something to slow them down trying to start it.

Good luck, Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

Yeah I am forever putting the wrong key in the lock on my series and opening it, you can use a screwdriver if you are stuck.

I secure anything I don't want knicked to the seatframes with a bicycle lock.

Reply to
Larry