Defender Suspension?

I'm going to replace the springs & shocks on my '89 110 in the next few weeks. I'm just about to order the parts but I'm a little confused about what rubber bits I need. For instance, the 'Haynes book of lies' seems to indicate that the top of the front shocks needs 2 rubber bushes.

Can anyone tell me, in total, how many bushes I'm gonna need to do a full set of springs?

Cheers

Stu

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

The bushes you need will come with the shocks. Youcan buy poly bushes separately but make sure they fit. Paddock poly bushes don't fit Koni rear shock top mounts :)

Reply to
Adrian England

As Adrian said most shocks should come with bushes. However you might want to add a set of front turrets to your order, + retaining rings + nylocks for them. And new nylocks for the rear top shocker mounts. If you're feeling rich, new straps for holding the springs on at the back as well as their nuts and bolts (or can easily be fabricated :)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod