Disco 2 rear tow hitch (aka the ground anchor)

Neither can I. If the price isn't there you can't make a purchasing decision in comparison with other suppliers.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sat, 24 May 2008 22:10:45 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

I'm with you guys on this. I guess the only thing they gain is they don't have to alter the website so much. However, if I'm looking for something then a prime consideration is the price, and unless it's something really urgent, I'm not going to faff around phoning for a price.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Are their prices that volatile? Price in the local currency, in this case GBP, and people from abroad can convert to their own via xe.com etc or even just a guesstimate on the "normal" exchange rate. Shipping costs are seperate and dependant on destination. I can see that they might be trying to protect their overseas resellers but that can be done by refusing to sell to a country that has a resellor and providing a good trade discount.

Another exception would be unique, how ever aftermarket landrover tow bars are not a unique product.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Lee Hi,

please do not worry I am not taking it personal. What you write and ask is absolutely logical from the point of view of the UK based buyer asking to know the UK prices for some products.

I also prefer knowing the price before I send an e-mail or place a phone call with a company selling goods.

On the other hand as the importer of products I ALWAYS find it irritating to hear "they cost less in the UK" from people who enquire about the purchase of something that is imported, has to pay delivery charges, warehouse storage, loading/unloading fees, uses my funds for payment, takes up my time and in the end I am entitled to a reasonable and ethical profit from this. So it is, I believe, quite logical to charge about 5% more than the UK prices.

As I have already quoted Scorpion Racing has indeed a very extended network of representatives/distributors around the world. In order to assist us into avoiding this sort of problems they do not quote prices on their internet site.

In addition quoting prices on the site requires continuous updates and prices have to be updated so as not to create problems with enquiring clients.

On the other hand I can assure you the SR products are NOT expensive and the company definately does not follow the Rolls Royce/Bentley attitude of "if you ask for a price you can not afford it.

The people working at SR and in charge of customer care are EXTREMELY helpfull and I believe it is good to phone or e-mail them for your enquiry since they will not only provide you with a price but also advise you of alternative solutions, additional items and discuss with you of what is best for your vehicle, in case of course that you wish to have such assistance.

-------------------

I am NOT trying to advertise SR. What I write is the amalgamation and result of more than 7 years of continuous and pretty close cooperation with them. I think it sufficies to say that a few of the product that SR sells are actually my proposal and the result of the "marriage" I create between SR and their manufacturers.

One more thing that I can say is that they always try to upgrade their products and amend any problems or shortcomings.

And eventhough the prices may be a bit more expensive then from other sources this, at least for us their representatives/distributors more than makes up for the EXCELLENT job they do with advertising on all the LR magazines and organising the SR Challenge.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thats exactly what we did formy 101. Ring from a natohitch welded to a plate for the drop. Bracing arms go backto a pair of SWB series spring hangers which fit the chassis rails perfectly.

I'll try and get some pictures, but may not be till after the BH. Drop me a mail if you want.

MW

It just shows, great minds think alike

Giles

Reply to