Disco reliability

I'm looking at a 2000 disco with about 30,000 miles. Went and looked at a consumer report that listed the car with below average reliability coupled with possible brake failure.

Any ideas about general reliability?

Reply to
feynman

Reliability is extremely good, in four years only ever had a problem with a starter motor once (I had done 120,000 miles) and I started the car and it kept going. Also, had a problem with the fuel solenoid but sorted that with a new solenoid.

I am now on a Defender 110 and I would say though that it seems superior to a Disco.

Andrew Renshaw