Disco tailgate handle

The tailgate on my 1997 Disco will not open. It's as if the handle has not gone fully back when the door was closed and so it won't release again. Is there any way of freeing this without having to dismantle or replace the whole lock?

Thanks

-- Keith (London, UK) Land Rover Discovery 300TDI Triumph Sprint Exec

Reply to
Keith

There's been another post of a similar nature and the cure is to remove the landrover badge and use a lubricant on the handle while moving it and then spray it with a grease, it worked on mine. For goodness sake don't use WD40, when it dries out it then absorbs water.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Taking off the Landrover badge and jiggling the handle has managed to get the door open. Now I've got to work out where to spray the grease without gettit everywhere.

-- Keith (London, UK) Land Rover Discovery 300TDI Triumph Sprint Exec

Reply to
Keith Wilkinson

There aint no clean way to do this, the hinges are up abocve the hole left by the badge, give them a good spray and work the handle till it lossens off.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

That's what I thought :(. Thanks for the advice.