Driffield ?

Not seen much feedback... how was it? ... did it happen?...wheres thet piccys ?

I need something to take away the sting of the nitromors ;-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

driffield in yorks.??

had a girlfriend from there once, visited driff, scarey town. . . like gloucester, but oop north. . .

teddave

Reply to
teddave

I was on the Forward Control Register & North East 4x4 club stand while suffering from a very nasty cold. Excellent weather though.

Autojumble seemed to be decent though I wasn't paying any attention to the Land Rover bits seeing as I don't have one for now.

Saw Grumble with a very dodgy looking bloke lounging in a free-standing hammock but I was coughing all the time and feeling very infectious (not to mention noxiously gaseous) so kept away. Took some pictures of Grumble and a

101 stretched into a 6-wheeler.

Didn't make it to the off-road course because it was about 2 miles down the road. Might have walked over had I not had a cold. Did I mention I was ill?

Some bloke was flying hawks and eagles around the arena. Got a few good pictures of them in flight.

Gorillas on the gate were very unhelpful and didn't want to let us in late on Friday night even though we had official tickets and were in a forward control Land Rover. (red 2B with a crew cab and blue tarpaulin over the hand-made rear body.)

There were no obvious bins, just one pathetically small and overflowing skip that I could find.

The toilets & showers were disgusting.

About 2 or 3 cleaning vans seemed to circle the site constantly without doing anything.

There were no fire points that I could find.

The chalk stream looked very inviting in the heat.

Plenty of enormously fat blokes. I mean, they were impressively fat! To get that large takes real dedication to pies, beer and TV.

Reply to
PDannyD

Hi all

I was there and have to say I enjoyed the weekend but that was more down to not being at work not having to do jobs at home and being with some good mates for a laugh as for the LRO show well it was about a 3 out of 10 for me.

Looking through some of the coments already posted it was put in the letter with the tickets they were not letting people in after dusk for safety reasons and I know alot of you guys have the ability to turn lights on drive in first etc etc there were more than a few people flying around the campsite at stupid speeds and there were lots and lots of kids in the campsite too.

There were the odd bin in the campsite and from what I saw the cleaning people did empty them at least twice in two days but I was asleep or spending money for the rest of it :-)

The toilets and showers I agree were a bit crap and some concerns were expressed to me that to get to one of the female toilets you had to go down a gap between 2 buildings that was unlit and a pipe or something was across the access so not good there just asking for a rape or something.

The autojumble was ok expected more I suppose but it was my first event so now know whats what I got some bits I needed more bits I didnt but what the hell there shiny bits :-)

I too saw the birds of prey some really beautifull creators, didnt see to many fat men but was busy looking at the thin woman and oh there were some very very very un thin woman there two :-(

If they sort out the odd problems from this year then I will prob go again next year I think its the first time they have used this venue from what I was told so it can be improved apon I think as long as they take the time to think about it and listen to feedback.

All the best guys and gals

Paul

Reply to
Paul Henry

Sooon....

Reply to
Mother

Snip near on perfect scripto of show :-)

Ah, saw that, very tidy - nearly came over to see you.

Really? I can only recall seeing lots of athletic, trim and somewhat slimline owners... ;-)

Reply to
Mother