EGR Removal TD5

I have a Defender TD5 110 County XS (2003), I am interested if anybody has removed the EGR on on the TD5 and the effects it had.

Does it really improve fuel economy? Does it really improve performance? Would you recomend doing this upgrade

Many Thanks Duncan

Reply to
DUNCAN PARKES

I have done this to vehicles other than a Land Rover when some part of the system goes faulty. I have never noticed any significant difference but would definitely expect higher NOx emission and for the engine to ultimately last longer without all the carbon shit being sucked back into the engine. As long as everyone doesn't do it the NOx emission is insignificant in the Grand Scheme. When the sea laps around your waist in central London though, I would not blame you if you had a slight tinge of guilt ;-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:38:59 +0100, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

On the Di transits you get more oomph, but that's cos the EGR system has a throttle valve in the inlet. Just been tweaking a mate's Metrocab which has the same engine as my bus; disable EGR so the flap is fully open all the time and tweak the fuelling. Easily noticeable improvement in pulling power.

Reply to
Austin Shackles