Defender TD5 Year 2000 ( 180 000km )

I have a defender 90 TD5 it had the 1800000km service and had all the required done.

I am most concerned about the durability of land rover, it seems to have to have major thing go wrong at times

At 175.000km I had the air flow meter replaced At 180.000km I had all the discs and pads replaced with new At 160.000km I had the cylinder head taken food due to a compression leak

I am waiting on the engine to blow up at 190.000km and then I will have to spend 40% of the present value of the vehicle to get mobile again.

Can anyone tell me of any similar scenarios or experiences.

Andre

Cape Town South Africa

Reply to
<andre

You must've been very hungry if you were prepared to eat your cylinder head. Still, it's not the car's fault, is it..

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

I am most concerned about the durability of land rover, it seems to have to have major thing go wrong at times

At 175.000km I had the air flow meter replaced At 180.000km I had all the discs and pads replaced with new At 160.000km I had the cylinder head taken food due to a compression leak

I am waiting on the engine to blow up at 190.000km and then I will have to spend

40% of the present value of the vehicle to get mobile again.

Can anyone tell me of any similar scenarios or experiences.

Andre

Cape Town South Africa

You idiot, f*ck off & buy a Toyota & dont bother us here again you retard.

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:58:34 GMT, "Hirsty's" enlightened us thusly:

now now, that's not very friendly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah, but hopefully not offensive to the majority of posters.

Reply to
Hirsty's

I read it as Voetsek, hyper-thrash type music. Which has the same meaning, to me, as Voetsak... :-)

Reply to
Mother

My Afrikaans is rusty, but I think he would get the message ;-))

Reply to
Hirsty's