Going soft

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to install a soft top on my series 1 . I`ve got all the bits including the `sharks tooth` but my screen top isnt drilled and I`d like to get it right first time rather than bodge it . TIA Nick

Reply to
bottle

on my 2A the bar above the screen bolts through the same holes as the hardtop. Did your S1 come with no roof and has remained so until now for it to have no holes?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks, thats all I wanted. Came with truck cab and havn`t taken it off yet. Rubber seals ? Nick

Reply to
bottle

remove the truck cab and then drill the front rail through those holes. there is a rubber seal that goes below it (water gets forced through at 'speed' otherwise. Same seal as should already be there on the truck cab (though you may want to buy a new one if it is very old as it will probably collapse when you touch it). I think they cost £5 or so or you could just find your own bit of rubber strip from elsewhere (that is all it is).

The rest of it should be fairly straight forward. fix the hoops for the tightening straps above the screen to the vertical(ish) face of the top ragtop rail not the screen top so that you never have to remove them again.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks for all the info. Yes rubber seal resembles oxo cube so will find something. TA

Reply to
bottle