Green Lanes BBC News

For those who are interested in coverage of the great debate, Look North (BBC North East & Cumbria local news) had a piece on off roading. Well written couple of minutes, bloke from LARA and bloke from Ramblers. Woman from horsey place talking soley about scrambler bikes. Conclusion seemed to be there will be a little rationalisation but green lanes'll still be around. Just let down by the last bit talking about green lanes over video of mud plugging at a pay and play type site.

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Bell

Missed that, but it can be seen online at:

Click the "Look North 18:30" link. The report is about 10 minutes in.

Reply to
Pete Foster

Pete Foster composed the following;:

Cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Aye, I was going to look to see if it was available to "view again" but posting the link made it so much easier. Anyone else will have to be quick, or it will be overwritten by tonights programme in about

2hrs time.

Not a bad piece, showed the Green Laners as sensible people who appreciate that there is some conflict and have some solutions, rules for use of BOATs, the play sites etc. The guy from the Ramblers came across as "I don't like it, ban it, end of story" no tolerance of any view but his own.

Bit of deduction from the images shown and I now know where there are some BOATs very close to here. Is there a site anywhere that gives a brief description of a given BOAT and what one might expect to find along its route? I've dug about in the past but failed. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Had a look, nice to see a balanced report.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP