GRUMble Has ruined my life!!!!

Dredd Range Rover (Overfinch, natch)

911 Turbo (yes, I know) XKR Triumph Stag (original and very mint)

That's the first 250K sorted.

Having just spent a few days in a seriously nice 5 star holiday Lodge within a PGA Championship golf course I reckon I could do that a lot more. Knock off another 335K.

I'd need a decent every-day house, garden, paddock and space for lots of kennels. Knock off another 400K.

That leaves me 15K for luxuries...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Yes, your differentiation is correct. A good example 'original' ambi

- not a demobbed mess, will easily ask 5K. I'd estimate this to at least double in the next three years - but I'm not really an expert.

Scary huh?

I guess that given the OEM ambi cost circa 120 - 150 Grand (yes, Sterling) _each_ - I think it's still pretty cheap at 10K :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

This won't sound right, but here goes anyway...

A Million quid isn't actually 'that much money' these days in the UK.

(See, didn't sound right, did it?)

You won't get much more than half of a nice house in a nice area...

However...

You could get around 50sq miles of farmland, forrest and castle in Scotland. Or a very nice country estate in Wales or a small city in South Yorkshire ;-)

I'm still saving up for Dorset - just so I can sell it to the French.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Ah... NO EXCUSE for not being at the 101 Club AGM...

Nor for any of the rest of you (I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE) who were off doing anything remotely more interesting than watching paint dry...

OK, it is a bloody good excuse as far as it goes, and I wish I were working on my own handicap rather than pushing paper around a desk at the HMC... BUT, that's NO EXCUSE...

Next year I'll propose a rise in membership to 500 quid a year just to get people there to oppose the motion...

Hope you had a good one :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I didn't present it as such!

Now there's the rub. Came to unload on arrival and; Pushchair - check. Highchair - check. Ladies shoes (25 pairs) - check. Travel playpen - check. Golf clubs - arse!

Still cheaper to pay up and save on the fuel...

Very very very... And none of that nasty golf nonsense. Lots of r and r and ludicrous self indulgence (everyone should have a room with en-suite sauna). The best bit is that we can do it the first week in _every_ October...

Should tide me over until Australia in February...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

Yes you did - by virtue of not being there - QED.

Yeah - I bet they'd never heard that before...

Actually, my handicap is significantly reduced when I leave my clubs behind, too. (read into that what you like...)

Fair point, not gone unrecognised. I'll take your renewal automativ=cally then, shall i?

Heathen!

OK, I'm sold...

Erm, yeah... so how many first weeks in October are there before next February?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Stop it!.. Youre making me have second thoughts now.. I'd just about convinced myself that I could pull mine apart in good conscience and make a nice camper..

Very!

They really cost that much? Why did they cost so much?.. they didnt really feature anything that hadnt already been done in some similar way on another vehicle did they? I mean it woulnt cost me that much to take a landrover product and re-model it into something else.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Probably something to do with the bodywork. Mashalls MOD bodywork wasn't cheap, and ISTR that the 101 Ambi's went down the production line at Lode land twice. The 101 was a unique vehicle in the first place anyway, so the original GS was not a cheap vehicle.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hmm. Wouldn't it be more amusing to save up and buy France, just so you can sell it to the Americans?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:10:51 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

that's OK, I don't want a naice hice in a naice area...

I'd take the castle or the estate in Wales, meself, fer preference.

heh. I don't think my Aunt would approve...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah and if the rest of the bits cost owt like the rear door handle then I'm surprised it came in so cheap.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

But isn't France worth less than Dorset?

I'd have thought I'd have had enough change left over to buy Swindon.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Hmm. I expect the handles were considerably cheaper back in 1972. Coachbuilding has become somewhat rarer in the last 30 years.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I wouldn't give you the snot off my nose for France.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It's a fantastic place, ruined only by the French. An old cliche, but in many cases true. However, I was in a small French village the night they won the world cup (and watched it in a local bar) and the people were fantastic.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs