Hayfever

It really is pants, I get it real bad. Anyway last night chatting to dudes at work and they tell me of a device that you shove two prongs up your nose, it emitts a red light for 3 minutes, you use it 3 or 4 times a day. It helps the histamines to be combatted that the nose generates and gives most of the other symptoms of hay fever.

I considered a ram raid at Lloyds Chemist on the way home from my night shift, they do the device for £14.99 (other companies sell similar devices for £80.00 ) then I remembered that Lloyds Chemist in a not far off town is open odd hours.. quick check on 'tinternet and whay hey! They are open Sundays! So been and got myself the device, driven back like some lunatic Rudolph the reindeer freak but I can say thus far after a 3 minutes session and I'm fine.

This time yesterday I was doing a pretty good brian the snail impression! Today I'm almost human!

I'll let you know how I go on. Theres got to be other sufferers out there so I thought I'd share this gem.

Reply to
Lee_D

Sound like a bloody fine device Dr D if it keeps working I will have to get one. Just been out training the Spaniel and I am doing a nasal Niagara falls waiting for an antihistamine tablet to kick in. off to google Lloyds Chemist . Derek

Reply to
Derek

Try Maplin as well chaps. Pretty sure they do a similar device.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Is that the "medinose" that sells for 80 quid ?

bmc

Reply to
Brian Colwell

You may find this is less effective after a week or so. The only thing (apart from an overdose of Cetirizine Hydrochloride) that I've found effective in the long term is to buy _local_ honey. Tis made from the same type of stuff that causes the reaction and conditions the body not to, well, react to it - if that makes sense.

Reply to
.mother

The £80 one is yep, this one is £14.99

Lloyds have a reputation for no nonsense devices as cheaper prices. Here is the one I got.

I just came in from the garden having had a BBQ. neighbours trimming grass etc etc all over the place. I managed a good half hour before getting any symptoms. I've just popped in for another round of threapy and it's eased up within a few minutes of the three minute session. It's supposed to get better and better as you use it. Some report only using it once a day after the initial few days. It's not a complete cure but it's definately helping :-)

I origionally read up about it here after a quick google when I got in from work.....

one of my other fave web sites! :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I've read this to. Too late now as it will only worsen the symptoms by adding instant pollen. Need to use the honey so I understand for a number of months leading up to summer.

:-(

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It won't make it worse, as it is a secondary contact and therefore not likely to act as a trigger. I'd start now - could take a couple of weeks to kick in, but by then the noselight will possibly have become marginally effective.

I now use it all year(ish) - forget sometimes, but the volume of snot acts as a rapid reminder... IMO 7 days kicks it in perfectly.

Hope nobody is eating when they read this, BTW :-)

Reply to
.mother

My hayfever has been getting milder every year older i get! (a plus side to aging!)

I'm down to just a sniffle this year which only just started last sunday. (it used to kick in during early may) the boots I find that i have to switch between types of pill every year or two as they stop working, and have to make sure that once i start taking them I do it everyday for the duration of summer - if i miss a day it takes a couple of days to start working properly again.

The best stuff i ever used was some homeopathic stuff. Tasted disgusting, and was something like 40% proof, (put me off spirits for years!) but worked brilliantly for about a year and a half!. I've managed to walk through a tall, in-seed, wild meadow once without dying from hayfever and it was while on that stuff!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Surely once in-seed there is no pollen about... I don't suffer but I thought it was pollen, thus flowers that set of hayfever.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice