Help. My Tailgate is held together with rust.

HELP!!

Has anyone here got any bright ideas how i can bodge (repair) this?

Mark.

87 RR V8 EFI.
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Remove it and stick a sheet of polythene over the hole?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I get the feeling that tail gate is just a tad beyond 'bodgability'.

Sorry mate, looks like you will have to bite the bullet

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

PLEASE, this is a Land Rover NG.

As above, but use Chequer Plate.

;-) David

Reply to
rads

Sorry, I'm so used to polythene as the standard fitment for broken glass round here....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It looks like its getting a bit past repairing - You have to draw the line somewhere!. Have you tried getting a second hand one from the scrap yard or a breakers?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Looks to me like Mr Angle Grinder is going to have to come out. Strip it back completely cut out all the rust and weld a new tailgate in.

Damn serious and long job but do it properly and it will last years.

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news:cn1uec$75n$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com... >

Andrew Renshaw

Gaffer tape is your friend!

Reply to