HELP WINDOW WINDER MECHANISM

Okay chaps I need help

I need a new winder winder meachism for the drivers side of a 110 Defender

1991, 2.5 TDI. Trouble is in ten days I go off to Africa for four months. So I need it immediately.

If you have a complete drivers door for sale - all channels etc, then I will buy that off you at the going rate

Im in Hartlepool and will travel to pick it up.

Im desperate.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Get your self a series door then you will never have to worry (not in Africa anyway though mine froze shut recently)

Reply to
Larry

If no kind soul has one here, I would suggest the following:

Forums Start calling Landroveer Breakers ebay...

good luck and have a good time in Africa...

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Surely you have a small LR parts place near you or I would have thought Richard @ Beamends could get a courier to get you one quick. These mechanisms are rubbish and even a small LR place should have them in stock. Getting a s/h door seems to be overkill and its window winder would probably be on it's last legs anyway. S/h doors worth about a hundred quid if it's decent enough for your uses, and a new mechanism is less than twenty quid (plus a whole lot cheaper to ship). I know what I'd rather do....

Another thought, if you have a 110 station wagon, what about swapping the mechanisms from the door behind - I can't recall exactly how it goes since I haven't done if for two years or so but it would be worth double checking the regulators to see if they're the same, they are handed, and the channel may well be different but I would have thought that LR would have reused them. Then you can just jam the middle row window up to get you moving, not ideal though if you have kids in the back.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Got one from the Land Rover dealer - straight swop for the one from the wrog side.

Andy

Phew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw