Interesting/useful on ebay

These are smashing.. and waterproof.

Ive got one and now she who MUST be obeyed wants one!!.

Regards

Amos

Reply to
Amos

Hya Amos

I spotted these a few weeks ago and put a post on the group.

I agree very useful bag.

Keeps all my docs dry now !!!!.

There is some other interesting Landy stuff there too.

Zen

Reply to
Zen

|| Hya Amos || || I spotted these a few weeks ago and put a post on the group. || || I agree very useful bag. || || Keeps all my docs dry now !!!!. || || || There is some other interesting Landy stuff there too. || || Zen || || On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:32:26 +0000, Amos wrote: || ||| These are smashing.. and waterproof. ||| |||

Do I detect a bit of spamming going on here? I got one of these and they are actually rather good for the money. Now Tiggrr is road-legal I need something waterproof to carry MoT, insurance etc that I can keep permanently in the vehicle. I just KNOW I'm going to get stopped.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Odd that both Amos and Zen are posting from the same IP address. They also have the same pseudo email domain. Come on you muppets, grow up.

In case anybody hasn't spotted this yet, this is a spam promotion of ebay merchandise, by somebody trying to make out that this is a useful item that everybody wants. Probably a great reason to avoid the auction and let the seller stick the bags where the sun don't shine. It's also in contravention of ebay's usage policies.

David.

Reply to
David French

Hya Amos and Zen,

I disagree.

I bought one of these and it was fecking useless!!!!.

She who MUST be obeyed divorced me for being such an irritating pillock!!!.

So I wouldn't buy one of these even if my life depended on it!!.

And I hope nobody else in the group does either!!!!.

Hey, isn't it irritating when people act like tossers?.

Seth

Reply to
Seth

Amos posted ...

is quite a good site ..

That's 'cos you're a wibble with a dragon for a wife ..

Look, why not just say SPAM fercrissakes ???

Do you think a 'fan' newsgroup is full of people stupid enough to fall for your SPAM ?

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Zen posted ...

And it was SPAM then, as it is now ..

Please, just f*ck off.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

We all own vehicles, or have owned vehicles that are breaking down on a regular basis, generally uncomfortable, expensive in the number of spares you need to buy, sometimes a bugger to start or stop depending on the week, and in most cases loud enough that you say 'pardon' more often than a thrash metal drummer.

Does that answer the question?

D (and don't we just _love_ them!!)

Reply to
Detrious

What a remarkable coincidence - both Zen and Amos posted their messages from exactly the same place! ;-)

1st rule of selling - don't treat your potential customers as morons!
Reply to
Exit

On or around Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:51:20 +0000, Ed enlightened us thusly:

eh? where's the NIP come into it?

unless it's changed quite recently, they give you a "Producer", viz. a bit of paper which says "bring your documents to [police station] within 7 days"

I spose that could constitute a NIP, but if you produce valid documents, they have nothing to prosecute you for. Oh, and bringing 'em an MOT dated 2 days after the producer doesn't work, BTW...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This used to be called an: HORT1 and I'd thought it was 7 days. Probable all changed now, what with new money an all...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

It still is a HORT1 (or Horti), it may be 7 days, or 14, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Notice of Intended Prosecution is what you recieve after going through a camera/speed trap/revenue raiser. It requires you to give driver details, and arrives at the address of the registered keeper of the vehicle. Once you have given the driver details they then issue a Fixed Penalty notice or a Summons to the driver in question.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Shouldn't worry too much,

Last time i was given a producer (after stopping to assist at an RTA! won't make that mistake again) the copper put the wrong date on it in any case!

Mark

Reply to
Mark Williamson

In message "Mark Williamson" wrote:

How true - some young to**er changd lanes in front of me afew months ago and ripped the side out of his car on my bumper- he didn't stop - infact he drove off at a rate of knots on the wrong side of the road, hit another car, and blew a tyre out hitting the kerb. I rang plod immediately, gave then his reg number and the direction he was going in - with a flat tyre remember. So off I go to Hanley Police station to do the paper work. I'm kept waiting half a hour, then spend and hour and a half making a statement. The *I* get a bloody producer!!!!! *After* that, they go and check out the other cars reg!!! I can beleive this - with a bit of effort they could have at least had a bash at catching a maniac who was probably drunk, on drugs, driving a stolen car or escaping from some criminal activity - or all four. Bearing in mind that Sunday afternoons is my only time off from work, I then spend the folowing Sunday looking out my documents to comply with the producer - bugger, can't find my licenece - ah well I've not done anything wrong, so off I go to Hanley Nick to waste my very precious time. On getting there I say I can't find my licence, can I have an extension on the producer? Oh no- the moron in a green uniform behind the counter says he's going to charge me!!!! Anyway I went ballistic, and stormed off, eventually finding my licence, and complying with the producer. A few weeks later comes a letter through the door from Staffordshire plod, saying something along the lines of "we are not going to proceed in this matter" - anyone reading it would have assumed I'd done something wrong and had a let-off - no "thank you for taking the trouble to report this incident". And they wonder why the public have no confidence in then???? You do the right thing and end up getting grief - its not worth the candle.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I've a similar story. My mum (who wasn't even in her car at the time) saw Person X hit Person Y's car and drive off without stopping. My mum calls the police to tell them, and gets a producer herself!

I think "they" do it to put people off reporting crimes - it amkes their figures look bad ...

Reply to
QrizB

In news:16638b804c% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com, richard.watson sprayed:

Some people think the police are stupid.... the rest of us know they are!

Reply to
GbH

Erm, if she wasn't in her car at the time the police must have therefore issued a HORT1 to a pedestrian. Interesting spin, p'raps they'll start doing wheelchair owners for using the pavement next...

Reply to
Mother

Some people think that clueless wankers who quote all 115 lines of previously read posts in order to make a one line off-topic quip are complete fuckwits, but that's the nature of usenet.

Reply to
Mother

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother"

Reply to