LAND ROVER serie IIA -61 painting, colour code

Hi!

I was start restoring those car but no I need some informations for right colour.

Car is painted orginal dark green but I don`t no what is the right colour code and what is right colour for chassic, framework, axles.

BR Yrj=F6

Reply to
Ysi

Have you a link to an uploaded picture?

We could give a good educated guess between Bronze green or Bronze green then ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The dark green is BLMC/British Leyland Deep Bronze Green. Chassis/Axles etc should be painted black.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Lee_D kirjoitti:

Hi!

No I have link for picture.

BR Yrj=F6

Reply to
Ysi

You might find something useful on Steve's site:

Dougal
[snip]

Acording to my colour chart, Bronze Green LRC.001 or LRC.HCC matches your year of manufacture (1961) 1959-1988.

Regards,

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Stephen Hull kirjoitti:

Hi Stephen!

Thank you very much those colour charts it=B4s was a very useful!!!

I have one more questions ?? I finded a those colour chart Black / 399 code but I=B4m not sure is it right code for chassic / axcels.=20

BR Yrj=F6

Reply to
Ysi
[snip]

Unlike white, black is black, there may be slight varients but a chassis in the old traditional method was always painted in "black gloss" simply because a glossy finish repels dirt and is much easier to clean, matt, or underseal finishes are not.

You can still buy black paint specifically called "chassis black".

LRC.399 black gloss (40%) will be suitable as a chassis finish because it retains sufficient gloss to repel dirt etc and will not outshine the bodywork if that has been painted in a high gloss black.

Regards,

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull