Life of Petrol?

In article , Tom Woods writes

The 4 star in my 109 is about 10 years old. Haven't run it since then, it now smells more like paraffin than petrol. I'm guessing I'll have to drain it before trying to start it?

Reply to
John Halliwell

We will have fuel for CI engines for as long as we can grow oil bearing plants.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

On or around Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:12:57 +0000, Colonel Tupperware enlightened us thusly:

assuming, of course, you can spare enough plant-growing land from food production to grow enough of 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And for petrol engines, alcohol is a possibility, as well as gas from fermented shit.

At least, so people were saying in the 1970s.

Reply to
David G. Bell

On or around Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:04:53 +0000 (GMT), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

well, we could start by harnessing the output of the house of commons...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That doesn't surprise me at all! I've started and run a Seagull engine on an emulsion of petroil with, probably in excess of 25% water, after a complete submersion of said engine in the Avon at Stratford.

Neil

Reply to
Neil