New defender wiper system

Hi all,

The wiper system on my 99 TD5 defender is knackered. I was wondering if I could replace the old system with the newer one fitted to later models which is supposed to be better. does anyone know what the changes are? Is it the same motor with different actuators or a whole different system and attachmnets?

Reply to
Tony Boyle

Perhaps you should consider fitting the system from earlier models. My

1984 system is still going strong and it is therefore 'well proven' :o)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Tony Boyle" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Just a thought but mine was too! I took the old motor to a auto- electrician and he said it probably just wanted cleaning as these things don't do enough work to wear out. I dismantled mine, removed a couple of cwt of rust and spiders, reassembled -

- and it works fine. If you don't want to spend the money....

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Unfortunately (????) its not the motor but the mechanism in the dash, probably one of the wheel thingies behind each wiper. I was just wondering if the newer ones were better and would retro fit.

Reply to
Tony Boyle