New Landrover Fan has arrived

Congratulations to you both and to the new arrival. Babies are so like Landrovers lovable- though they drive you to distraction, leaks and dribbles come standard, they have a distinctive smell (s) make all sorts of worrying and odd noises and they outlast practically every desirable object you can name in your affections. a very Harry Christmas to you

Derek

Reply to
Derek

: Congratulations to you both and to the new arrival. : Babies are so like Landrovers lovable- though they drive you to : distraction, leaks and dribbles come standard, they have a distinctive smell : (s) make all sorts of worrying and odd noises and they outlast practically : every desirable object you can name in your affections. : a very Harry Christmas to you : : Derek

And they can empty your wallet faster than SWMBO on a mission :-)

Congrats to you all.

Oh, and my two'pence worth of advice, a v8 don't half help them sleep ;-)

Both of my reprobates were brought home in the Rangie, and we we're regularly out and about off road by the time they were six months (5 and 2 now).

Funniest time for me was with the eldest, he was about 8 months old, and we were going out on a jolly, just me and him, with a large group, that was mainly newbies. A lady and her (18 year old) daughter came up to me

"Is your wife here?" "no" "is she meeting us there?" "no" "well HOW are you going to change his nappy?" I dropped the tailgate and showed her the boon to nappy changing that is the flat carpeted surface of a RRC bottom tailgate with air suspension fully raised :-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

And I thought you were referring to a Kenlowe not a sprog.

I suppose congratulations are in order, lets hope there are still landies in the world for him to drive when he is old enough.

Reply to
Larry

yeahs portable rivet guns are a wicked invention ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ordered a set off a chap on Mud club who had bought them with all the best intentions... just awaiting there arrival.

Toylander

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Heh, nice toys, dreadful website though!

I thought there were some publically available plans too, perhaps my mind's playing tricks with me again. The large white rabbit with the wristwatch reckons it is.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:30:58 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

he's just done that with dawn, straight over his belly and face to land on his forehead!! Just as he backfired as well, PMSL!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:22:42 +0000, Ian Rawlings scribbled the following nonsense:

i'm building one!!! Already got the body and the most of the chassis done, picked up the 24 wheel chair motors from Hugh (of doodlebug the

101 fame) at Billing this summer!
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:08:01 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

he's currently sat on my knee being educated!!!!! Seems mesmerised by the screen....

Wonder when I can get him started on the dodgy 3rd to 2nd gear change on burrt.......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Hopefully not in the same place...

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

24 motors, or 24V ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:31:23 +0000, steve Taylor scribbled the following nonsense:

no, that went on dawn's knee, she's now in the bath!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:32:04 +0000, steve Taylor scribbled the following nonsense:

its gonna be quick!!! 24V...

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

How are you supplying the drive? o One motor to each wheel? o Driving just one wheel? o pukka transfer box thingie?

Reply to
William Tasso

Expect his aim will improve with advancing years.

Reply to
JacobH

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:02:45 -0000, "William Tasso" scribbled the following nonsense:

dunno yet, have matched motors, so one for each rear wheel is a possibility, also have a complete invalid scooter thingy which has a motor and rear axle to allow one motor to drive the rear wheels. Also been thinking about trying to develop a system allowing true 4 wheel drive by one motor to each axle and system of UJs or somesuch, but probably not got enough tuits for something so complex!

Also got a 4 stroke suffolk punch lawn mower engine, but thats for the

101 scale model I intend building when I get enough tuits (and will be my toy!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Well.... just had it all laid out on the living room floor... blimey theres some saw blades going to be needed there!

How did you do the half round? Is it a router job? Hope so I've only used mine about three or four times previously :-)

I've put it all away but for the book so the dawgs could come in for a social... now I'm going to try and get my head around the handbrake. I'm quite looking forward to fabricating as many parts as I can... and it'll be nice not to be covered in dirt and grease for a change :-)

I think 2 motors is deffo the way to go... I've a vision of a fleet of them.... H'mmm I could scale it up and do a CSW I guess too for the next one, oooo got some cammo net too :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:18:43 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

I've got the rebel replica one, doesn't call for any rounding using the router, but I have rounded mine using the sander, given that mine was 12mm MDF, there isn't really enough to run both sides through properly with the router.

First job is to photocopy the plans several times and then put the originals somewhere safe. Did this and was pleased I did after I managed to get the photocopies all manky and scribbled on!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:46:30 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

4 motors, one on each wheel. YKIMS.

I'd love to do that on a full-sized one. motor-generator and 4 traction motors, and a bit of electronic trickery to control the drive. Variable speed motors, probably using thyristors or similar, run it on 3-phase AC and you can get most of the control gear off the shelf for industrial machinery.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Down boy, you got a minibus todo first!

Reply to