Numpty Question

1990 Defender 200Tdi

I have a diesel leak on injector #2.

It is where the injector goes in the head. Is there a seal of any kind in there that will need replacing? I'd like to get my spares sorted before I take it to bits.

Cheers

Peter (Trowbridge)

Reply to
puffernutter

puffernutter wrote in news:ipU4k.143549 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe20.ams:

Hi, you need a copper washer, part no: ERR4621

__ Andy

Reply to
Andy

Are you certain that is where the leak is and it is not running down the injector body? If the injector seal is leaking expect to get a bit of chuffing as the burnt gases blow back past the seal -Andy has posted the part number for that seal but most common leaks in the area are from the diesel return pipe which perishes in the hot conditions and/or banjo seals or less likely the injector pipe nut as the flange was not correctly seated when tightened.

Wipe the injector clean with kitchen roll the wrap a bit round the body , banjo and pipe and run the engine for a minute ot two and see where any contamination is.

Derek Miles Disco 300TDi Kato Disco 200TDi

Reply to
Derek

Careful when you reinstall if you remove the injectors - I changed my injectors and when tightening the clamp, the stud broke. The studs come out easily, and they are designed to break to prevent overtightening. So just make sure that you can get the to the parts store if the studs break! Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter