Offside Dip Fuse blowing

Some advice please. RRC 1986 Vogue

Offside dip was working ok then stopped so I investigated expecting a duff bulb.

Replaced fuse and all worked well for a few minutes then the radio was drowned by interferece ( engine off ).. After about 30sec the fuse popped and the radio was perfect again. This was repeated in exactly the same way.

According to some circuit diagrams the headlight wash/wipe is on this fuse. Although I do not have this there is some wiring in the vicinity of the offside headlight which could be for that. I checked and all seems insulated.

Can anyone explain the interference and the delay in blowing the fuse. Engine is off so there is no vibration throwing cables about.

Any ideas appreciated.

Reply to
persheenbay

I would be checking the bulb holder and loom close to. I replaced mine as the insulation was all bar burned off and the holder was nicely cooked -cheap job the replacement holders are less than a quid.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

I had a wire that rubbed through on the bodywork, luckily where I could see it. Gave the same symptoms. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB