Oi Martyn!!

Havong just bought a satelite box for the Caravan (and Morph, but don't tell Mrs D ;-) ) I was browsing for a dish and saw this....

were you after summat like this for grumble ?

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Three and a half years too late...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Well, there's a bit of good news! When did this happen? Not been paying attention recently, up to my ar5e in work!!

Dae ye nae meen "tae a haggis", mon?

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Couple of weeks ago. I'm trying not to tempt fate by making any further comments.

Probably - I hadn't realised I was still using that .sig actually, t'was a Burns Night Supper tribute as I wasn't doing either the Immortal Memory _or_ the Toast to the Lasses this year thanks to Bush and Blair :-(

Still, didn't stop me toasting the imaginary Haggis with a (very) large glass of Laphroaig...

Reply to
Mother

snip

Probably wise. We have very strict laws on subjudice.

Reply to
Adam Swire

"Ugh, this is bloody horrible!" "Address to a Haggis", David French, c1994

Reply to
David French

I think it needs to be known, and read in context :-)

The verse I quoted is the point the Haggis is cut - it's symbolic. Don't worry though, as the Haggis has previously been humanely killed and cooked...

Reply to
Mother

'Sniff Sniff' When I think of those poor wee Haggises, running aboot the Glen, not a care in the world.... Only to end oop on some Sassenach's plate.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Don't worry, they're not going anywhere near *my* plate... Although I'm now vegetarian, I used to be a hard core carnivore, and I'd eat virtually anything meat-based. But I couldn't stomach Haggis. No idea why.

David

Reply to
David French

They have one leg longer than the other you know. This is so they can walk around the hills upright. The easy way to catch them is to surprise them from behind. As they turn, they topple down the hill, stun themselves and you can simply pick them up and put them in your bag (only during Haggis Season, obviously).

Reply to
Mother

There is a very large market for VeggieHaggis you know...

Think they must be corn fed or summat...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:03:01 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

aha. This may be the place to resurrect this:

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 13/2/04 1:12 pm:

I never realised there was a newsgroup for sheds. Learn something new every day. Do you talk about anything or are sheds a big topic of conversation?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I found out about this group just recently too. I've lurked but frankly I can't understand a word of what they're saying. But so far sheds haven't come up once.

David

Reply to
David French

Read the charter:

then disregard it and go read the FAQ:

Mother

Know the feeling, missed it last year myself due to the same 2 eeeejits!

Last year's toast was with diet coke, with the sand seived out..... ! Made up for it this year with some Cardhu. You are only the second person I have heard admit to drinking Laphroig, the other being my insane brother-in-law, and as such I must tar you with the same brushas him, i.e. "You must be mad, go drink some avtur it's smoother!" .

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:42:13 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

oooh, yer don't want to go doing summat like that...

ah. that's alright then.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

just use a lot of ROT13 and google any acronyms you dont understand - worked for me

Reply to
Denis F

Make me the third then. I quite like Laphroag.

Cardhu is a much more civilised malt though...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Is that the single malt or the blended ?

I'm just about to run out of their single malt and last time I looked in the local shops they only had the blended variety. Not sure I want to pay single malt prices for a blended whiskey.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White