Oi Martyn - sell that Disco and make room for this...

Buyer collects...

How do you move something like that? I bet it don't fly anymore.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Hi Tim, well I guess it's made of Birmabright, so would fit in nicely with the other vehicles.

Cheers

Phillip Simpson

Reply to
Phillip Simpson

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tim Hobbs at snipped-for-privacy@101ambulance-urine.net wrote on 1/11/04 8:42 am:

I'm sure Charlotte would be very pleased!!!

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Just think of the signature...

101 Disco Vulcan Bomber
Reply to
Simon Mills

Good grief...

Reply to
Mother

There is only one flying example left in the world and it is privately owned. Apparently the owner had real problems getting the CAA to issue a CofA (MOT to you lot) because the CAA said that "it was far to complex an aircraft to be flown by a civilian". The Civi' inquestion did a number of take-off runs with last minute abortes to prove that he was indeed capable of fly the thing. The CAA have now relented and granted a Cof A. ......at least, that's the story as I understand it.

best wishes Gail Disco owner and aviatrix.

Reply to
Gail Stevens

wow, I would love that. We went to an air display a few years ago and they had one flying there. I was sooooo impressed. Richard

Reply to
Richard

in article cm54ot$608$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ox.ac.uk, Gail Stevens at snipped-for-privacy@socres.ox.ac.uk wrote on 1/11/04 11:04:

And the lottery has agreed to part funding the restoration!! Let The Tin Triangle fly again....

Rory Manton

It's Not Pink It's Telemagenta

Reply to
Rory Manton

On or around 1 Nov 2004 08:55:33 GMT, Simon Barr enlightened us thusly:

I assume you'd have to dismantle it and carry it on low loaders or the like. Carriage is likely to cost more than the purchase...

either that or you hire a team of crack aircraft engineers, and tell 'em they've got 2 months to get it airworthy :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or you could get in touch with Sugs and Co. ;o)

Reply to
Pete Foster

Tim Hobbs vaguely muttered something like ...

LOL .. We used to live 'over the fields' from RAF Finningley where they were once based. One of my lasting memories is of one day feeling the ground shake and heard this amazing roar when a stick of 32 Vulcans took off, in groups of four at a time.

Awesome doesn't come close to describing it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Twas Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:42:50 +0000 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

I saw one fly back in oooo 1992 ish maybe. very impressive, scared the wossit out of me the way it manovred.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I'm sure you're not at all wrong!

Mind, I used to have romantic ideas about converting something like this to live in. When I were a kid the vogue was to convert old railway carriages into holdiay homes (stayed in one once).

Closest I reckon we'll get is a 56' narrowboat, but I'm happy with that :-)

Reply to
Mother

Don't be foolish. Clarkson would never do something so idiotic. His was a lightning...

;-)

David

Reply to
rads

On or around Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:18:36 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

'course, what would really be cute is the prototype they made, which was IIRC either half or 1/3 size. Proper flying plane though, it's in the book.

aha. Avro 707A, 1/3 size. powered by a single RR derwent 5, with 35,000 lbs of thrust. 34'2" wingspan, 42'4" long.

no perfomance figures. bah.

apparently they made 5 of 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

rads vaguely muttered something like ...

Yeah, Clarkson had a Lightning .. Saw those at Finningley too .. Marvellous :)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You going to wear that anorak all winter Austin? :-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:08:36 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

If it's the coldest winter this century, then yes :-)

World Encyclopedia of Aircraft, Enzo Angelucci. 2 volumes, one civil, one military. They haven't got *all* the planes in 'em, but they have got most.

wonder if there's a new edition to be had... these date from 1980/81. Originally published in Italian...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

probably be a better bet to nick the engines to put in the plane at Woodford it was restored some years back but they had to abort the job when they found the motors were cooked due to poorly fitting covers and no replacements available mind you what condition it is in now is debatable

sadly bereft of a Rangerover so far.........................

Reply to
Derek